Wednesday, September 9, 2009

My Assingment

Olá!

My adventures in Mozambique are about to begin! My journey began about one year ago, when I decided to join Peace Corps. It was a long process, which included: medical and dental clearance, essay writing, letters of recommendation, and getting permission to pass on ALL my financial obligations to my parents. I found out at the end of May '09 that I would be going to Mozambique. I will be teaching biology in Portuguese and I may have the chance to work with children, youth, women and men dealing with sensitive issues such as HIV/AIDS and gender role development.

My departure date is September 28, 2009. I will be flying from OKC to Philadelphia, which is where my staging event will be held. I will only be there for a short time because I will be flying out of JFK September 30th headed to Maputo, Mozambique.

When I arrive in Maputo (the capital city) I will be in Pre Service Training. During that time I will be living with a host family. Living with a host family will be very interesting... Communication will be very difficult at first but I am sure I will catch on quickly.

Tchau (pronounced chow - which means goodbye in Portuguese!)

No comments:

Post a Comment